Infrastructure Rail (Permanent Way & Overhead Line) Engineer
Location: Wednesbury, West Midlands
Salary: From £29,795.00
Full Time, Permanent
Our client is the region’s popular and growing tram network. It’s an inspiring time for them as the Combined Authority delivers a £1.3 billion investment plan set to significantly expand the tram network, bringing even greater connectivity to people, places and business.
They are currently recruiting for an Infrastructure Rail (Permanent Way & Overhead Line) Engineer to join their team based in Wednesbury. Within this role you’ll carry out work to the company’s rail services infrastructure, ensuring you work in a safe and efficient manner and compliant with relevant standards.
This will include:
* You’ll ensure inspections and maintenance tasks are completed in line with planned maintenance schedules and in a timely manner.
* Will report any work activities and faults to the Rail Service Team Leader.
* Complete all relevant paperwork and update the Asset Management Information System.
* You support with project work and the designing of installations
* Assist with the commissioning of new systems and the development and continuous improvement of the Asset Management Information System
What you’ll need:
* You’ll hold an industry recognised qualification in permanent way and track maintenance.
* An IOSH and Management qualification would be advantageous
* You’ll have extensive experience of working within the light rail or rail industry
* Strong working knowledge of rail or light rail infrastructure, permanent way and overhead line systems.
What they offer in return?
* Competitive Salary;
* 25 days holiday + bank holidays;
* Free travel on their trams and buses for you and your partner;
* Contributory Pension Scheme;
* Life Insurance
* Discounted Gym Membership.
* 24/7 365 Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
* Company Uniform
Are you interested? If so they’d love to hear from you!
Closing Date: 25th October 2020
Interviews will be held on week commencing from 2nd November 2020
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.